Thursday, February 26, 2015

Introduction

Hey everyone! My name is Nicole. I wear many different hats: wife, step-mother, social worker, perfectionist, daughter, sister...



I graduated with my bachelor's degree in social worker in 2013. My husband and I decided to get married the day after graduation. Because of this, I did not walk in my graduation ceremony, which I regret, but nothing changes how happy I was to marry the love of my life.
 
I am a part-time step-mother. We have my step-son all weekend, every weekend and it is so wonderful. I have been able to see him change so much over the past few years. We have been able to develop a good relationship with his mother and step-father, as well. We strive to be a light for him and show him the way to be successful in his life. The stepping stones start now. We have a cat, Albus, and a dog, Topanga. A puppy is the newest addition to our growing family.
 
I currently work full-time as a social worker for a private foster care agency. I never thought I would want to work with kids, as I have a very strong passion for the realm of domestic violence. Working with foster youth and foster parents has truly been a blessing in my life.
 
Though I tend to be very family and career focused, I do enjoy quite a few different hobbits. I love to crochet, it is my stress-relief. I try to do a little bit every evening, although, sometimes with the long hours that I work, I don't always want to pick up a hook when I get home. Musical theater is a great interest of mine, though it drives my husband crazy when I have us listening to showtunes in the car. I enjoy fiction novels, many of which are recommended to me by my sister.

Let's get to know each other and enjoy this crazy journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment